Syllabi for Engineering Course
Virtual Classroom Rules
Rules for Virtual Classroom:
1) Cameras are required, if scholars do not have working cameras, an email will be sent to K.Pierce and cc’d to parents asking for a laptop with a camera. Please do not have other electronics or cell phones on during class. I expect you to be engaged and participating while we are together, thank you.
2) Mics muted unless called on/want to speak.
3) Be mindful of taking turns when speaking.
4) Keep interactions with Project Manager and fellow scholars respectful.
5) Only one background per class time - must be appropriate; Music should not be on in the background.
6) Post questions in chat as needed - Must use appropriately
Homework/Late Work Policy: Unless specified, all assignments are due at the beginning of class., so if you don't have your assignment ready to hand-in, it is late. Assignments are due on the designated date and are posted on the course google classroom page. If you are absent on the day an assignment is due, please e-mail it to me to avoid late work penalties. If you have a due date conflict, it is your responsibility to negotiate an alternative submission date. However, if you are ill on the day an assignment is due, I expect you to e-mail it to me by 4:00 p.m. if you want full credit. I will accept late assignments up to two weeks after the due date; however, the maximum credit a late assignment can receive is 50%.
Attendance: will be determined by each manager. Grades will be given for participation.
Virtual Check-in Time in the afternoon: Checking homework, completing projects, one-on-one and smaller groups, students logged in but working in their “smaller” groups or assigned.
Individual Scholar/Teacher Meetings: 2:30-4 pm, as well as breakout feature in Google Meet.
Outlined below are some basics to help you get started: