Scholar Name Submission
Lottery submissions for the 2019-20 drawing are now closed. We will add any submissions to our wait list for the 2019-2020 school year.
The ASK Academy is a public charter school, open to any New Mexico resident in grades 6-12 regardless of race, color, gender, creed, or religious affiliation. The ASK Academy accepts all scholars who come to the academy in “good standing” with all records and immunizations as space is available. We fill open seats on a lottery basis, with the exception that siblings of a scholar currently attending the ASK Academy receive one of the seats automatically.
Please click on the Scholar Submission Form below and submit to place your scholar's name on our waitlist.
What you need to know:
- The only requirement for admission to The ASK Academy is a desire and passion for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
- The ASK Academy is subject to all federal and state laws and constitutional provisions prohibiting discrimination on the basis of disability, physical or mental handicap, serious medical condition, race, creed, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, spousal affiliation, national origin, religion, ancestry or need for special education services.
IS THE ASK STEM PROGRAM RIGHT FOR YOUR CHILD? PLEASE CONSIDER:
- The ASK Academy is a rigorous academic school of choice designed to prepare your child for STEM careers focusing primarily in Engineering, Design and Biomedical Sciences.
- Your high school child will declare a Career Pathway either Engineering & Design or Biomedical Science. In these pathways they will be challenged with rigorous courses preparing them for post-secondary programs in these careers. This is different than elective course offerings found in traditional public schools.
- Your child will receive credit for courses if they average 70% or higher, unlike traditional public schools that give credit for an average of 60% or higher. See Parent Handbook.
- The State of New Mexico Public Education Department requires 24 credits to receive a high school diploma; The ASK Academy requires 28 credits to receive a high school diploma.
- ASK has classes Monday through Thursday most weeks of the school year. Please review the School’s calendar at www.theaskacademy.org. Fridays are not instructional days. ASK is open 8 am – 10 am for intervention needs, project completion days, and opportunities for your child to work with their project managers (teachers) for improved understanding.
- ASK does not have a lunch program. Food vendors service your child with food offerings on campus or they can bring lunches from home
- ASK is a closed campus (except for seniors who meet all requirements for lunch)
- ASK has no to-and-from transportation program. Families that choose ASK get their children to and from the Academy. Parents have established carpooling to assist in this area
- ASK’s middle school program is designed to ready your child for the challenging ASK Academy high school STEM curriculum.
- All 8th graders will be placed in a high school Algebra I course; no exceptions. ASK does not offer a “regular” 8th grade math course
- An ASK uniform is required for all ASK scholars. The uniforms promote our Dress for Success mission and help to identify the scholar’s Career Pathway declaration in the high school program
As a charter school, the ASK Academy recognizes and follows the immunization guidelines set forth by the New Mexico Department of Health.