COVID-19 Testing for Scholars & Staff
The ASK Academy has partnered with Rio Rancho Public Schools and Premier Medical Group USA (PMG USA) to provide COVID-19 testing to The ASK Academy scholars and staff.
The site, located in the parking lot of 333 NM-528 (the AMREP building/Fat Pipe location), in Rio Rancho, is only be accessible to scholars and staff for either symptomatic testing, close contact testing, Test to Stay Program testing or surveillance testing.
Type(s) of tests available at this time:
- Lab PCR Tests (3 to 5 day turnaround for results) - for symptomatic testing
- Rapid Antigen Tests - COVID-19 & Influenza (Same day results in most cases) - for close contact & surveillance testing
- Rapid Antigen Tests - COVID-19 & Influenza (Same day results in most cases) - for Test to Stay program Mon, Weds and Fri only
***Please note that the rapid antigen tests we currently have available test for both influenza (2 strains) and COVID-19. If you opt to take the rapid antigen test, please know that The ASK Academy will receive the results of the flu portion of the test, as well as the results of the COVID-19 portion of the test. You will also receive results for the flu portion and COVID-19 portion of your test. In your testing site account, the COVID-19 results will be in all capital letters at the top of your account results page, while the flu results will be in smaller letters towards the bottom of the page.
Hours of Operation
Due to the additional transportation time needed to get the Lab PCR tests processed, the testing site will only test symptomatic scholars and staff between the hours of 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday until further notice.
Antigen testing for Close Contacts and surveillance testing will take place during regular hours, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. while supplies last. When they run out, they will close for those tests.
Antigen testing for the Test to Stay program is only conducted on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. while supplies last.
To register to utilize this new testing site, follow the steps below. Registration is required prior to arrival for your testing window.
Online Registration is Easy
Simply follow these steps to register your child or, if you are a staff member, to register yourself, to receive a COVID-19 test at the new Rio Rancho Public Schools testing location. This site is being operated by Premier Medical Group USA (PMG USA). Online registration is required prior to arrival at the site.
- Step 1: Scan the QR Code to the left with your cell phone QR code reader app or visit https://pmg.app.perseus.id/div/askacademy
- Step 2: Create an account/health ID and complete the online intake form for PMG USA. Please update your account each time you need to get a COVID-19 test with your symptoms and school/work site
- Step 3: The system will generate a unique QR Code for you. Once you have your QR code, you may drive to the parking lot of 333 NM-528 in Rio Rancho (AMREP Building/Fat Pipe Location parking lot) between operating hours and show your QR code on your cell phone to be tested. This is a drive-through testing site, remain in your vehicle.
**Please be sure to update your account each time you wish to get a COVID-19 test. Doing so will allow you to update your symptoms and select the appropriate school or work site.
Finding Your Test Results
Follow these steps to check your test results or your child's test results:
- Log into your PMG USA account and click on the "Status" button. If nothing shows, then move to step 2.
- Click on the "History" button at the bottom of the page after you click "status" in your PMG account. If nothing shows, move on to step 3.
- Check the NMDOH testing results web page at: https://cvresults.nmhealth.org/
If you do not find your test results after completing these steps, then they are not yet ready. Follow these steps again to check on your results at a later time or see other options below in the bullet points.
*Note: If you have taken a rapid antigen test, you will receive your flu results in addition to your COVID-19 results. The COVID-19 results will be in all capital letters at the top of your account results page, while the flu results will be in smaller letters towards the bottom of the results screen.
Test Result Delays
Due to tremendous demand, the two labs for PMG USA are very backed up and are taking much longer to process results (3 to 5 days). We have reached out to PMG USA and also to the NM Public Education Department to find a resolution. Once we have finalized a resolution or have an update, we will post it here. We apologize for delays and any inconvenience they may cause.
Should you wish to seek another testing site to secure results faster, even after testing at the RRPS testing site, you are welcome to do so. We unfortunately cannot guarantee the timeliness of results at this time, though we are working with the testing vendor on a resolution. To find alternate COVID-19 testing locations, visit the NMDOH website at: https://cvprovider.nmhealth.org/directory.html
If your child has reached the 5-day isolation mark and you have still not received their test results, please reach out to the school nurse for instructions. Children who have reached the 5-day isolation mark from symptoms or testing may be eligible to return to school without a negative test if they are fever free and symptom free. If you are a staff member who has reached the 5-day isolation mark and have not received results, please contact your direct supervisor.